[Grok-dev] Re: access to the parts directory

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Apr 24 17:37:01 EDT 2008

Hey Joachim,

Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> how can I access the parts directory from my grok-application ?

What are you trying to do in the parts directory?

The reason Grok can get to the Data.fs is not because it knows about the
parts structure, but because it's configured this way in its zope.conf,
for instance here:

<zodb>
   <filestorage>
     path /home/faassen/buildout/test3/parts/data/Data.fs
   </filestorage>
</zodb>

zope.conf itself is stored under parts/zopectl, but you shouldn't be
editing it directly. zope.conf is known as the buildout recipe generates
  a script that knows about it, namely bin/zopectl, which has code like
this:

     zc.zope3recipes.ctl.main([
         '/home/faassen/buildout/test3/parts/app/debugzope',
         '/home/faassen/buildout/test3/parts/zopectl/zope.conf',
         '-C', '/home/faassen/buildout/test3/parts/zopectl/zdaemon.conf',
         ]+sys.argv[1:]
         )

Anyway, if we know what you're trying to accomplish we can perhaps come
up with a good way to do it.