[Grok-dev] Summer Python Internship - National Renewable Energy Laboratory

percious chris at percious.com
Thu Apr 24 17:40:35 EDT 2008

Student Intern – Scientific Computing Group 5900 5900-7259

A student internship is available in the National Renewable Energy
Laboratory's (NREL) Scientific Computing Group.  NREL is the nation's
primary laboratory for research, development and deployment of
renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies. The intern will
be supporting work concerning management of scientific and technical
data.  Our data group is cutting-edge with respect to capturing
rapidly changing scientific metadata and allowing the scientists to
relate different kinds of data in a meaningful way.
We have an immediate opening for a summer student internship with
possible extension to one year in our Golden, Colorado office.  The
position would be part-time (15 - 25 hours per week) during the school
year and/or full time during the summer.

DUTIES: Will include working with researchers on techniques to enable
the capture and storage of technical data in a scientific setting.
Your role in our development team would be to support data harvesting
using existing software, and develop new visualization techniques for
existing data sets.

DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Undergraduate or graduate student in computer
science or related field, with demonstrated experience in programming,
databases and software development.  Experience using agile techniques
and test-driven development.  Demonstrated of Unit Testing.
Experience with major dynamic languages like Python, Ruby, or C#.

PREFERRED: Demonstrated good writing skills and computer skills,
specifically including programming in python and database use.
Experience with systems related to management of scientific data.

Candidate must be a US citizen.

Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume to:
Laura Davis
NREL, Human Resources Office
Reference:  Req. #5900-7259
E-Mail:  laura_davis at nrel.gov