[Grok-dev] Re: viewlets and application_root

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Apr 24 18:39:23 EDT 2008

Hey,

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 12:26 AM, Luciano Ramalho <luciano at ramalho.org> wrote:
[snip]
>  While we are at it, I found something curious about our API usage:
>  look at the grep output below and note that we have getSite, but it's
>  practically never used; getSiteManager is much more popular! Should we
>  add some tests to show the use of getSite

Well, I think it's better we just document it. Grok's getSite is
simply an import in its __init__.py, we don't implement it ourselves,
so I don't see a lot of need to test it. The getSiteManager() bits
show up particularly in tests surrounding utility registration, and
that makes sense as local utilities are registered in it.

Thanks for the diligence in checking, though!