[Grok-dev] megrok.yui released

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Aug 12 13:37:28 EDT 2008

Jasper Spaans wrote:
> Op 7 aug 2008, om 19:08 heeft Martijn Faassen het volgende geschreven:
>> Today I've wrapped up and released megrok.yui. This is a packaging of
>> the YUI javascript and CSS library for easy installation into a Grok
>> application. It uses megrok.resourcelibrary. To install megrok.yui,
>> simply add this in the dependencies to your setup.py and rerun buildout.
>>
>> Here is a bit more information:
>>
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/megrok.yui
>
> That looks nice. It would of course be even nicer if it offers
> integration with yuiloader, which gets you automatic dependency
> resolution of the YUI libs, and an option to select the raw/min/debug
> variants by setting some javascript variables.  Is there a common
> pattern for doing this kind of thing in zope/tal?

Yeah, I'd like to add support for all of that, eventually. When writing
megrok.resourcelibrary and investigating the details of
zc.resourcelibrary and thinking about how to reuse megrok.tinymce
properly I actually got some ideas concerning resource library
management which zc.resourcelibrary cannot do. One fundamental issue is
that you cannot separate library from linkage requirement - I cannot
publish a megrok.tinymce and then spell out I have a linkage requirement
based on a particular .js resource in megrok.tinymce.

I think separating linkage requirements and publishing resource
libraries should be separate. This means we need a slightly more
involved model of what resources and linkages really are, and
zc.resourcelibrary's implementation is too weak to accomodate for that.

I am not sure when I'll get around to actually creating all of this -
right now I have some design sketches in semi-doctest form of how it all
could work...