[Grok-dev] Re: KSS lag?

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Fri Feb 1 11:57:45 EST 2008

Godefroid Chapelle <gotcha at bubblenet.be> writes:

> daniel wrote:
>
>> I followed the KSS tutorial ... I have ... 1-2 second ... lag times
>
> Hmm, I have the feeling this is a problem we have seen at the
> beginning with Plone as well.  IIRC, this is a caching problem,
> kukit.js gets computed on each request because cache headers are
> missing.  Thanks for mentioning this, I'll look at it at the Snow
> Sprint beginning on Sat Jan 19.

Godefroid, did you resolve this issue at the Snow Sprint?  I think I'm
working from megrok.kss trunk, but still have difficulty with the issue.

> In the meanwhile, if you turn dev mode on with the
> @@kss-devel-mode/ui form, the lagging should disappear.

I have tried adding "@@kss-devel-mode/ui" to the end of every URL in
my app that I can think of, but can't get it to work.  What URL do I
append this view to so that I can enter devel mode and start trying
out KSS?