[Grok-dev] Re: KSS lag?

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Sat Feb 2 04:17:56 EST 2008

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
> Godefroid Chapelle <gotcha at bubblenet.be> writes:
>
>> daniel wrote:
>>
>>> I followed the KSS tutorial ... I have ... 1-2 second ... lag times
>> Hmm, I have the feeling this is a problem we have seen at the
>> beginning with Plone as well.  IIRC, this is a caching problem,
>> kukit.js gets computed on each request because cache headers are
>> missing.  Thanks for mentioning this, I'll look at it at the Snow
>> Sprint beginning on Sat Jan 19.

> Godefroid, did you resolve this issue at the Snow Sprint?

I worked on it : I changed the default settings for production and
development mode.

Did you see any improvement at all ?

> I think I'm
> working from megrok.kss trunk, but still have difficulty with the issue.

I still see that page load is slower when KSS is on.

However, I do not know how to profile Z3/Grok apps to find out if the
time is spent on the server or in the client.

>> In the meanwhile, if you turn dev mode on with the
>> @@kss-devel-mode/ui form, the lagging should disappear.
>
> I have tried adding "@@kss-devel-mode/ui" to the end of every URL in
> my app that I can think of, but can't get it to work.  What URL do I
> append this view to so that I can enter devel mode and start trying
> out KSS?

My mistake :-S

I should have typed :

@@kss_devel_mode/ui