[Grok-dev] license for docs

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Jan 26 17:12:44 EST 2008

Hi there,

I think we should change our default license from 'GNU Free
Documentation License' for content to the ZPL. I just realized this as I
contributed Philipp's howto on releasing software. It came from
svn.zope.org, so it's likely ZPL-ed if anything. So did some of our
other documents that came from Grok's SVN repository; we can't just
relicense them! I think we need to change our default license on the
site ASAP, or perhaps even just *remove* the license text for the time
being if we need more discussion.

Another point to consider is that I think the ZPL has more acceptance in
the general Zope community than the GFDL. We'll also have a logistical
problem for those who want to maintain docs in svn.zope.org; we can't be
checking in GFDL'ed stuff just like that.

I wanted to change the license for Philipp's document but I don't know how!

http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/releasing-software