[Grok-dev] license for docs

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Sat Jan 26 19:00:16 EST 2008

I've just removed the GFDL Copyright from the site. (This can be set
globally for the /documentation/ section by setting the Copyright
field http://grok.zope.org/documentation/edit)

The ZPL is a software license, how well does it apply to content? The
Zope 3 book and Zope Guide use the Creative Commons license, while the
rest of the Zope 3 wiki content is unlicensed:

http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/ZopeGuide

http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/FrontPage/Zope3Book

Maybe we should leave the global Documentation license empty? We can
then either embed the appropriate license within the content or use
the Content Licensing add-on for Plone (http://plone.org/products/contentlicensing
) to denote the desired license?

If we have a global ZPL content license and someone documents using
Grok with non-ZPL'ed parts, such as KSS, Storm, SQLAlchemy, etc. and
includes snippets of source code from those projects is that a license
conflict?