[Grok-dev] Re: grokproject upgrade weirdness

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jul 17 14:55:55 EDT 2008

Hey,

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> I just tried upgrading to the newest release of grokproject using:
>
> easyinstall -U grokproject
>
> this however results in me getting something called grokproject-0.8dev.
>
> It's getting the SVN version or something through the PyPI, thanks to
> the wonderful magic of easy_install and a download url link in the PyPI
> project page. (I hate easy_install's magic; it continues to surprise me!
> it's a good example of *bad* magic...)
>
> What is the right upgrade method for grokproject?

Specifying: "easy_install grokproject == 0.8" gives me the right version.

It still makes me worried what people will get on first-time install or
upgrade though. Perhaps we should get rid of that download url bit in
setup.py?

P.S. the new version appears to work fine, great work in getting this
released!