[Grok-dev] Simplifying the documentation page

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Tue Jun 3 04:14:46 EDT 2008

* I agree with Sebastian, no need to duplicate the search box.

* Expand the Tutorials and how-tos so you don't have to click it to
see what they all are.

* I miss the RSS feed link for all the documentation. That one is
incredibly valuable for people who been here before and want to see
what new documentation is available datesorted.

2008/6/2 Kamon Ayeva <kamon.ayeva at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Regarding the Documentation section homepage...
>
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Kamon Ayeva <kamon.ayeva at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Kamon Ayeva <kamon.ayeva at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Do everyone agree with simplifying the page along the lines of:
>>>
>>> ** Documentation for Grok **
>>>
>>>   o The Grok Tutorial
>>>
>>>   o The Grok Developer's Notes
>>>
>>>   o All tutorials and howtos
>>>
>>> *  Browse Documentation By Topic *
>>>
>>>   [The topics here...]
>
> I made a little template to mock up that (in portal_skins/custom), at least
> mostly.
> The "Browse by topic..." part is commented out because I did not want to put
> effort in making the "view" code work.
>
> It is just to give an idea and see if people are ok to move to this
> presentation. If yes, I will commit the real code.
> Also, it would be made nicer when everything is in place, with a better CSS
> rule for the positioning of the search box.
>
> See http://grok.zope.org/documentation/new_doc_frontpage
>
> Cheers,
> Kamon

Peter Bengtsson,