[Grok-dev] Re: Namespace packages tutorial with grok?

Tim Terlegård tim.terlegard at valentinewebsystems.se
Thu Jun 5 17:48:55 EDT 2008

On Jun 5, 2008, at 2:54 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Danny Navarro wrote:
>> It would be nice if grokproject could automatically generate the
>> namespace package if project names contains a dot:
>> $ grokproject pdisco.app This tries to create a 'pdiscoapp'
>> package. I would like 'pdisco' as a namespace package and 'app' as
>> a normal package.
>
> There was some brief discussion about this topic at the Grokkerdam
> sprint. I believe the conclusion then was that this is hard to do
> with paster; you'd need two different templates to do this. Of
> course it shouldn't be an insurmountable task for grokproject to
> take the right template in case of a single name in the dotted name
> package.

Maurits expressed he wanted this as well.

But when you create a grok application (project), do you actually give
it a
name with a dot? In svn.zope.org/grokapps I find AnimalTree, TodoList,
Bookshelf. No dots there. To me it seems like names with dots are
typically
used for reusable python packages and applications generally have some
cool name (without dots).

But maybe it would be nice with paster local commands that could create
(namespace) packages inside the application (project).

/Tim