[Grok-dev] Re: Namespace packages tutorial with grok?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Jun 6 08:06:57 EDT 2008

Tim Terlegård wrote:
[snip]
> But when you create a grok application (project), do you actually give it a
> name with a dot? In svn.zope.org/grokapps I find AnimalTree, TodoList,
> Bookshelf. No dots there. To me it seems like names with dots are typically
> used for reusable python packages and applications generally have some
> cool name (without dots).

This is a good point, but it does happen. I have an application that
consists of a Python library and a web application that uses this
library, and they both share the same namespace package.

Then there's also a grey area between application and framework and
library. Perhaps eventually we'll need a new option in grokproject if
you want to create something more library-ish for Grok, such as
something that only depends on grokcore.component.