[Grok-dev] Re: Another idea for promoting Grok

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Jun 6 08:13:20 EDT 2008

Hey,

Tim Knapp wrote:
> This is a really good idea! I just came back from our New Zealand Python
> User Group[1] (2-monthly) meeting[2] and a Grok talk for out next one[3]
> would be great!

I agree! Are you volunteering to give one? :)

> When I gave the Repoze presentation[4], Chris McDonough was very helpful
> in providing the slides[5] for the presentation and that made promoting
> Repoze in my local usergroup a lot easier. Would it be possible to get
> access to some 'official-type' slides that we can repurpose for our
> local usergroups?

Please do contact me privately (and bug me!) to get slides out of me. I
have them in a variety of formats and states, but hopefully we can
distill something reusable from them. I've been using OpenOffice for a
while for slides, but I'm now looking at using Bruce (which now supports
ReST, which I like).

>>         By the way, if local users groups want to invite me to give a
>>         talk and they'll help a little with the costs of travel and
>>         such, I'd be happy to come over and give a talk. (If you want
>>         to do more, we can talk about organizing a training session,
>>         too.)
>
> Might be a bit far to sponsor your travel to Christchurch, New
> Zealand :)

One thing that happens occasionally (perhaps once a year) is that I'm in
Singapore for a while (my wife is Singaporean). New Zealand might just
be closer to the realm of possibility from there. :)