[Grok-dev] Re: Another idea for promoting Grok

Tim Knapp duffyd at kokorice.org
Fri Jun 6 05:05:46 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 18:03 +0200, Kamon Ayeva wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Martijn Faassen

<snip />

> I propose we exploit every possible planned Python meeting to present
> Grok + try when possible to have additional ones dedicated to Grok.
> In France, I will talk to the fench UG for that. And I will also see
> if something is possible with my company.
> We could add the information of these various events, when planned, on
> the wiki, and then of course blog about them.

This is a really good idea! I just came back from our New Zealand Python
User Group[1] (2-monthly) meeting[2] and a Grok talk for out next one[3]
would be great!

When I gave the Repoze presentation[4], Chris McDonough was very helpful
in providing the slides[5] for the presentation and that made promoting
Repoze in my local usergroup a lot easier. Would it be possible to get
access to some 'official-type' slides that we can repurpose for our
local usergroups?

>         By the way, if local users groups want to invite me to give a
>         talk and they'll help a little with the costs of travel and
>         such, I'd be happy to come over and give a talk. (If you want
>         to do more, we can talk about organizing a training session,
>         too.)

Might be a bit far to sponsor your travel to Christchurch, New
Zealand :)

> Of course, this is definitely something to do.

-Tim

[1] http://nzpug.org
[2] http://nzpug.org/MeetingsChristchurch/Jun2008
[3] http://nzpug.org/MeetingsChristchurch/Aug2008