[Grok-dev] Re: Grokstar

Danny Navarro danny at ibioinformatics.org
Sat Jun 14 03:37:39 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Graham Stratton <gns24 at mythic-beasts.com>
wrote:

> I'm sure if you start using Grokstar you'll find plenty of things to
> improve. Off the top of my head:

I already downloaded your latest version from assembla and I realize that I
have to do some investigation to make it work for me ;)

Is the code you have in assembla repository very different to the code you
are using for your blog?

> - TESTS
> - More tests

I'll focus on tests firsts so that I can get a full understanding about how
the code works.

> - Live search with AJAX (maybe we could steal some code from the Plone
> search? BTW, what is best practice for viewlets which require javascript
> libraries to be included?)

I'm very interested in learning AJAX techniques in Grok. Plone livesearch
widget uses KSS. I haven't used KSS before but I think there shouldn't be
any problem referencing the kss file on the page template the viewlet is
using it. However if we create more viewlets that use KSS referencing the
KSS file in each viewlet might not be the best option. Can a viewlet use the
resources referenced in the page template for the main layout?

> - Put all the above into an issue tracker ;-)

Is it ok with you if I go ahead and register Grokstar project in launchpad?

Martijn, in http://wiki.zope.org/grok/GrokWiki is it ok if I create a
subsection called Grokstar?

Alternatively I have a MoinMoin instance in my slicehost. I can create
another wiki for Grokstar. However I don't have a domain name of my own. For
now we could use something like grokstar.dyndns.org

> If you want to do work immediately you'll need to work out of the
> repository I referenced earlier. I'm trying to merge my changes so that I
> can check the code into svn.zope.org, but I haven't managed it yet.

I got the zip from assembla. I couldn't figured out what is the URL that I
should use when for 'git clone'.

Regards,

Danny