[Grok-dev] Re: SVN: Sandbox/ulif/grokintrospector/ Create a sandbox for Grok-related introspector stuff.

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Jun 17 13:16:04 EDT 2008

Uli Fouquet wrote:
> Log message for revision 87456:
>   Create a sandbox for Grok-related introspector stuff.
>
> Changed:
>   A   Sandbox/ulif/grokintrospector/
>
> -=-
> Copied: Sandbox/ulif/grokintrospector (from rev 87455, grok/trunk)

Hey Uli,

cool to see you work on this stuff! I'm just wondering why you're
ignoring our convention that we have regarding branches and put this
stuff into your sandbox. I think it's much clearer for everybody else to
see your work and give you feedback on it if it were in grok/branches
(where we normally put branches). If you're worried about committing
"unfinished" stuff, don't worry, that's what branches are there for :)

Thanks!

Philipp

P.S.: I'm also a bit confused about the 'grokadmin' package. It seems to
be w/o a namespace. It also seems that it contains a copy of grok as
well. We usually work with branches and externals in this case (because
then we can adhere to our branches convention mentioned above).