[Grok-dev] Re: is configure.zcml never tested?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Mar 19 14:54:54 EDT 2008

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
> I find that my grokcore.component tests run regardless of the content
> of configure.zcml.  Are the contents of that file untested, in the
> sense that we only know if they work when we actually try running
> another application against the library?

configure.zcml is never loaded by unit tests, unless you explictly do
so. The unit tests grok the grokkers in Grok before running but this
doesn't go through configure.zcml.

In grokcore.component, this stuff is now in grokcore.component.testing
(the 'grok()' function).

If you run ftests, I believe configure.zcml is loaded. The
grokcore.component 'configure.zcml' file looks rather too involved right
now in trunk. In fact I think it could be removed entirely - the
meta.zcml is the important package.