[Grok-dev] Re: sprint mini-report 6 (last day wrapup)

eric casteleijn thisfred at gmail.com
Tue May 6 08:03:42 EDT 2008

Kamon Ayeva wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for the great time we spent at the sprint and for your hard work.
>
> I was also thinking there should be a subject for the "Zope2 support".
> It would be great if a group of people start using five.grok and report
> about their experiences so it gains in terms of bug fixing and spread.
> I for one would like to start using it (just with its current directive
> coverage, to start) in Plone projects. Is there a stable svn branch
> available ?

I worked on getting five.grok working again with the refactored trunks
of martian and grokcore.component, which I figured was the right thing
to do as five.grok seemed to still be in an experimental stage anyway,
and depended directly on the trunk of both.

I think there is another refactoring coming up, and I think that we
should probably wait for that and make our code work with it before
doing something like a release.

The trunk *should* still just work with the Plone work Lennart and
Godefroid did at the Paris sprint, as I don't think I changed any
existing five.grok API.

I intend to work more on five.grok and to use it in Silva, but I haven't
  done much work on that except initial exploration. I am interested in
helping take things forward, but in all honesty I don't know if I'll
have the time to actively drive, so if someone else (you maybe, Kamon?
:) would like to champion this, I'll at least promise to actively
participate.

--
- eric casteleijn
http://thisfred.blogspot.com