[Grok-dev] moving towards five.grok release

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Wed Oct 22 05:39:53 EDT 2008

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:35:05 +0200
Kit BLAKE <kitblake at infrae.com> wrote:

> Hi,

   Hello,

> We're ramping up to a five.grok release. Probably we're going to
> call it 1.0. Unless there are fervent opinions about calling it an
> alpha/ beta.

   I think we should do an alpha 1. We don't want have all the wanted
features yet to be a final, but we have a couple of others packages in
alpha state as well we would like to release as well. I don't see any
problem to add new features in an alpha 2, like support for viewlets.

> The one known ToDo item was listed by Sylvain:
>
> > We need to do a nice README.txt for the egg. There is one in
> > src/five/grok which is used as a doctest as well, but I think
> > it's too big/long. After that we can do a release.

   I made a simple README. If you want to review it, it will be nice. I
am going to try to release an alpha 1 this afternoon, if I got feedback.

   Best regards,

   Sylvain,

--
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae