[Grok-dev] moving towards five.grok release

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Wed Oct 22 06:54:54 EDT 2008

Sylvain Viollon wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:35:05 +0200
> Kit BLAKE <kitblake at infrae.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>
>    Hello,
>
>> We're ramping up to a five.grok release. Probably we're going to
>> call it 1.0. Unless there are fervent opinions about calling it an
>> alpha/ beta.
>>

>    I think we should do an alpha 1. We don't want have all the wanted
> features yet to be a final, but we have a couple of others packages in
> alpha state as well we would like to release as well. I don't see any
> problem to add new features in an alpha 2, like support for viewlets.
>
>> The one known ToDo item was listed by Sylvain:
>>
>>> We need to do a nice README.txt for the egg. There is one in
>>> src/five/grok which is used as a doctest as well, but I think
>>> it's too big/long. After that we can do a release.
>>

>    I made a simple README. If you want to review it, it will be nice.

Seems fine for an alpha !

I'd add a reference to grokcore namespace packages

like

"""
five.grok is a web framework development layer for Zope 2, based on Grok
framework concepts.
It is based on grokcore namespace packages that were factored out of Grok.
The development techniques are similar to the ones for Grok.
"""

> I am going to try to release an alpha 1 this afternoon, if I got feedback.
>

>    Best regards,
>
>    Sylvain,

Thanks for all nice work, Sylvain

--