[Grok-dev] proposal: splitting up View from PythonView

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 09:40:23 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Brandon Craig Rhodes
<brandon at rhodesmill.org> wrote:
>  - Does this mean that, when subclassing a view, you would now be
>   "locked in" to generating its content the same was as the
>   superclass's author had?  If he had used a template, you would have
>   to use one too, and the same with render()?  If so, then I am not
>   sure I like this loss of flexibility; but, then, maybe we don't
>   inherit from views often enough to matter?

As an remark:

In a way I see your point and do I agree. Note though that a subclass
of a view-with-a-template, where this sublcass is in a different
module, current doesn't work at all. This is whole problem I'd like to
fix and that got this discussion started...

regards,
jw