[Grok-dev] How do I measure ZODB i/o?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Sep 17 07:49:05 EDT 2008

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> I am looking at Amazons cloud-thingy (someone has to be last to the
> party...), and I understand that persistent data storage requires the
> Elastic Block Store. Their pricing says $0.10 per 1 million I/O
> requests which brings up my question.
>
> How do I measure ZODB i/o for a single instance?
> (I have macosx)

I think you should be directing this question to ZODB dev to get some
answers. Last week at the DZUG conference I spoke to Benji York about an
Elastic Block Store-backed version of ZODB and he said it should be
possible, but that's the extent of my knowledge. :)

I'm very interested in people experimenting with deploying Grok on
Amazon's cloud stuff; it's on my long-term wish list to look into this.