[Grok-dev] grok versions update before next release

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Sun Sep 28 09:57:20 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> in the grok trunk versions.cfg file pygments and simplejson are pinned
> to rather old versions:
>
> pygments:
>   versions.cfg  0.8.1  (released Jun 27, 2007)
>   current       0.11.1 (released Aug 24, 2008)
>
> simplejson
>   versions.cfg   1.7.1  (released Mar 28, 2007)
>   current        2.0.0  (released Sep 27, 2008)
>
> tests pass with the recent versions.
> any objections to use the current releases?

`pygments` is used by `grokdocs2html`. So there are no tests that could
fail except that the documentation is rendered wrong.

In a quick manual test here everything went fine and the resulting HTML
looked really fine and correct :-) Many thanks to all you
sphinx-integrators and documentation hackers!

But before really updating `pygments` I would wait for approval of our
current MD (master of documentation) Kevin Teague. Me thinks he knows
best, what could break with a `pygments` update. Kevin?

Best regards,

--
Uli