[Grok-dev] grok versions update before next release

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Sun Sep 28 18:04:55 EDT 2008

> `pygments` is used by `grokdocs2html`. So there are no tests that
> could
> fail except that the documentation is rendered wrong.
>
> In a quick manual test here everything went fine and the resulting
> HTML
> looked really fine and correct :-) Many thanks to all you
> sphinx-integrators and documentation hackers!
>
> But before really updating `pygments` I would wait for approval of our
> current MD (master of documentation) Kevin Teague. Me thinks he knows
> best, what could break with a `pygments` update. Kevin?

If pygments is only used by the docs, then updating them should be
fine. There are still places in the ref. docs. where they are out-of-
sync from the upcoming 0.14 release - I'll be working this today and
tomorrow so hopefully the docs will be in decent shape for the 0.14
release. I'll update to the new pygments and if I notice anything
funky it shouldn't be too correct.

However, if Pygments is only used by grokdocs though, then maybe we
should remove it from the versions.cfg? grokdocs/setup.py already
specifies that it requires Pygments. Someone could be relying on
pygments in their grok apps though - would putting a note in the 0.14
upgrade text about needing to specify your own Pygments dependency
should be enough?