[Grok-dev] Time for a global_adapter?

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 03:39:59 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
>> Can we wait until the missing zope.app.apidoc problem is fixed? This
>> currently blocks a 0.3.1 release of grokui.admin. Hope I can fix it
>> until tomorrow.
>
> How is a release of grokcore.component dependent on a release of
> grokui.admin? These can evolve independently, right?

I was a bit confused too :) I *think* Uli means to ask if we can wait
for grokui.admin with grok-1.0a3. That's fine of course!

> By the way, I think it'd be fine to release a Grok 1.0a3 soon that
> includes the improvements to grokcore.component and grokcore.view that
> Martin's working on.

Agreed - albeit with little remark:

I'm indeed more than happy to release parts of the grokcore.* family
and grok itself. Releasing grokcore.component (for example) indeed
will take minutes - almost literally - so when I get the nudge, I'll
perform my trick ;) Releasing grok itself will take a bit more time
though as it involves updating the website etc. etc.

Anyway, I'm off to the Zoo now with my kids :)

regards,
jw