[Grok-dev] data.fs location

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Fri Aug 21 08:10:32 EDT 2009

On 2009-08-21, Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> wrote:

>> > So:
>> >
>> > var/log/          (zope's logfiles)
>> > var/filestorage/  (the Data.fs)
>> > var/blobstorage/  (the blob files)
>>
>> Sounds good to me.

I've just applied this change to the paster templates of grokproject.  And to
grok trunk, but I haven't switched on the blob storage there.

I also added an 'extra' option to grokproject's zope_conf part for adding
productconf sections and so at the end of the generated zope.conf.  Another
bug closed :-)

> A new grokproject _release_ is a different topic: currently generated
> projects (generated by grokproject-trunk) are not compatible with
> existing grok releases (but only with the unreleased grok trunk), mainly
> because of the new grok.View security declaration. In current
> (unreleased) grokproject paster site.zcml template we define::
>
>  <grant permission=3D"grok.View"
>          principal=3D"zope.Anybody" />
>
> Here we use a permission only available with newer grokcore.security and
> not part of older grok-eggbaskets up to grok-1.0a4.
>
> I think we need a solution for this before a release. If we would
> release grokproject right now, no one could create working projects with
> it.

I saw this problem too (when running grokproject tests).

Perhaps we should wait to monday?  jwkolman is back from his holiday then,
he'll have to decide on a grok beta release.  With a new grok release,
grokproject can be released without a problem I guess?

(One hold-up I can see there is the shared templates directory bug
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/250977) that needs approval from Martijn
on the committed fix).

Reinout

--