[Grok-dev] strategy for losing the zope.app packages

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Wed Dec 9 09:51:08 EST 2009

On 12/9/09 2:41 PM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> On 2009-12-9 14:29, Reinout van Rees wrote:
>> Note that all except one grokcore.* packages don't have [test]
>> extra_require (or test_require). I'm planning on adding them once I
>> verify that it all works and which one of the two to pick.  Also depends
>> on how the run-all-tests thingy runs those tests.  Any opinions?
>
> buildout doesn't know how to dael with tests_require iirc. Hence the
> (ab)use of the [test] extra in the Zope community.

I'm going to go ahead and do both tests_require and [test].  That seems
to be a bit the current thing-to-do in the zope world if I can trust my
googling.  So something like:

tests_require = ['zope.something', ...]

setup(...
       tests_require=tests_require,
       install_requires=['setuptools',
                         'ZODB3',
                         ...],
       extras_require = {'test': tests_require},
       ...)

Reinout