[Grok-dev] strategy for losing the zope.app packages

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Wed Dec 9 11:07:27 EST 2009

On 12/9/09 3:51 PM, Reinout van Rees wrote:
> I'm going to go ahead and do both tests_require and [test].  That seems
> to be a bit the current thing-to-do in the zope world if I can trust my
> googling.  So something like:
>

> tests_require = ['zope.something', ...]
>
> setup(...
>         tests_require=tests_require,
>         install_requires=['setuptools',
>                           'ZODB3',
>                           ...],
>         extras_require = {'test': tests_require},
>         ...)

I did this for all grokcore.* packages, so these are in good shape now.

TODO (presumably for me tomorrow morning):

- Find the two maintenance branches that jkolman says are there and fix
them up, too.

- Do the same for grok itself.

- Grok's bin/test-grokcore can probably do with a z3c.compattest recipe
as that automatically picks up the [test] dependencies when available.

btw, I've already marked some can-be-zapped requirements in grok's
setup.py, but I haven't removed them yet as there are others with a
comment "don't remove them for BBB reasons".  So someone else has to
take a look there.

Reinout