[Grok-dev] includeDependencies

Paul Wilson paulalexwilson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 16:39:05 EST 2009

2009/2/9 Santiago Videla <santiago.videla at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I think that you need to specify that, megrok.genshi *must* be grokked
> before that grokcore.view and any other dependency in your application in
> order to allow that the grokkers, find / associate the genshi templates with
> grok.View classes.

This works (configure.zcml in my project):

<configure xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
           xmlns:grok="http://namespaces.zope.org/grok">
  <include package="grok" />
  <include package="megrok.genshi"/>
  <grok:grok package="." />
</configure>

This fails:

<configure xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
           xmlns:grok="http://namespaces.zope.org/grok">
  <include package="grok" />
  <includeDependencies package="." />
  <grok:grok package="." />
</configure>

My setup.py has megrok.genshi listed in the dependencies.

Since the includeDependencies comes after the <include package="grok"
/>, I thought the relevant grokcore.view stuff would be grokked first.

Thanks,
Paul