[Grok-dev] Shane has some ideas about publication

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Tue Feb 10 07:33:59 EST 2009

I think I may have heard Martijn make comments before about the Zope
publication mechanism and whether Grok could rely on a more simple
mechanism to get its Grok business done.  It turns out that Shane
Hathaway has just suggested some directions in which publication could
be simplified - though he seems to suggest them as actual changes to the
`zope.publisher` package itself, rather than as an alternate approach.

His opening statement also sounded very much like the sort of thing we
were reasoning through during the recent Cave Sprint - he's thinking
about how to reduce dependencies between packages.

So I thought I'd post a link to his blog entry from here:

 http://shane.willowrise.com/archives/redesign-of-zopepublisher/