[Grok-dev] Grok Configuration Documentation

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Jan 19 11:44:53 EST 2009

Hey,

Paul Wilson wrote:
> Do you think something like this would be useful for Grok's
> documentation? If so, do you have any thoughts as to what sort of
> information should be included or its structure?

I do think that this would be very useful! The lower level of this is
handled all right by the Martian documentation here:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/martian

That doesn't discuss details such as:

* typical code organization in packages, with 'directives.py', 'meta.py'
and 'components.py' and the ZCML involved.

* ZCML inclusion and overrides, automatic inclusion and such.

And in general it isn't very how-to oriented - how would I define my own
ClassGrokker (the typical case)?

So I think it'd be good if there were a document that described the
typical anatomy of a package that defines grokkers.