[Grok-dev] Grok Configuration Documentation

Paul Wilson paulalexwilson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 11:56:02 EST 2009

2009/1/19 Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>:
> Hey,
>
> Paul Wilson wrote:
>> Do you think something like this would be useful for Grok's
>> documentation? If so, do you have any thoughts as to what sort of
>> information should be included or its structure?
>
> I do think that this would be very useful! The lower level of this is
> handled all right by the Martian documentation here:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/martian
>
> That doesn't discuss details such as:
>
> * typical code organization in packages, with 'directives.py', 'meta.py'
> and 'components.py' and the ZCML involved.
>
> * ZCML inclusion and overrides, automatic inclusion and such.
>
> And in general it isn't very how-to oriented - how would I define my own
> ClassGrokker (the typical case)?
>
> So I think it'd be good if there were a document that described the
> typical anatomy of a package that defines grokkers.

Thanks! - I guessed something like that would be useful, it certainly
would have for me a few weeks ago. I've written a first draft that
covers the above but it needs some reworking, simplification and
clarification (http://exploring-grok.blogspot.com/). Since you think
something like this would be of use to the Grok documentation, I'll
submit it in a few days once I've made the necessary modifications and
let you guys tear it to shreds!

Cheers,
Paul