[Grok-dev] Grok Wikipedia Entry Marked As Advertisement

Paul Wilson paulalexwilson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 10:12:59 EST 2009

2009/1/20 Reinout van Rees <reinout at vanrees.org>:
> "This way Grok is a step forward to popular Python web frameworks like
> TurboGears, Pylons and Django"
>
> That's the kind of wording that I regularly zap as plone.net reviewer.
> "We're the leading provider of plone in country XYZ" makes plone.net
> (the neutral resource) say that you're better than the other companies.
>
> Likewise, the wikipedia entry makes wikipedia say that grok is better
> than pylons and django. So I can imagine somebody regarding it as partial.

I'm not sure I agree with you there. It makes the comparative
judgement in favour of "Python code and conventions" over "strictly
explicit, XML based configuration" by claiming that it is a "step
forward". If anything, it's claiming that Grok is a peer of Pylons and
Django in this respect, although I would agree that this point could
be better expressed.

Paul