[Grok-dev] Entity Relations and Forms

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 10:56:53 EST 2009

Martijn Faassen-2 wrote:

> I think the best library to look at is zc.sourcefactory:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.sourcefactory/
>
> you can include this as a dependency in your project's setup.py. Perhaps
> you may want to lock it down to a particular version in a [versions]
> list in buildout.cfg as well.
>
> You'd use it something like this:
>
> class IFoo(Interface):
>      contributor = schema.Choice(
>          title=u'object',
>          required=True,
>          source=ContributorSource())
>
> Off the top of my head, your ContributorSource could be implemented
> something like this:
>
> class ContributorSource(BasicSourceFactory):
>     def getValues(self):
>         # assuming 'contributors' is a subfolder in your site...
>         return grok.getSite()['contributors'].values()
>
>     def getTitle(self, value):
>         return value.name_attributge_of_contributor

I'm trying to get something similar, but as soon as I go to a form using the
schema, I get an error:
ComponentLookupError: ((<zc.sourcefactory.source.FactoredSource object at
0x0259BE10>, <zope.publisher.browser.BrowserRequest instance
URL=http://localhost
:8080/arts/candidates/add>), <InterfaceClass
zope.app.form.browser.interfaces.ITerms>, u'')
Seems like he's looking for a ITerms implementation, but can't find one...

What's missing?

This is my code:

class TargetSource(zc.sourcefactory.basic.BasicSourceFactory):
    def getValues(self):
        return grok.getSite()['targets'].values()

    def getTitle(self, value):
        return value.name

class ICandidate(Interface):
    target = schema.Choice(source=TargetSource(), title=u'Target',
description=u'The Target file this Candidate can be matched to')