[Grok-dev] Entity Relations and Forms

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jan 20 14:21:07 EST 2009

Jeroen Michiel wrote:
> I'm trying to get something similar, but as soon as I go to a form
> using the schema, I get an error: ComponentLookupError:
> ((<zc.sourcefactory.source.FactoredSource object at 0x0259BE10>,
> <zope.publisher.browser.BrowserRequest instance URL=http://localhost
> :8080/arts/candidates/add>), <InterfaceClass
> zope.app.form.browser.interfaces.ITerms>, u'') Seems like he's
> looking for a ITerms implementation, but can't find one...
>
> What's missing?

Which version of zc.sourcefactory do you have installed? If it's 0.4.0
there have been some changes in the dependency structure - it should now
pull in zope.browser for ITerms. That can't explain the non-registration
of this package though, as zope.browser doesn't feature any component
registration code at all, just the interface definition. Perhaps you
need a newer version of zope.app.form than the one Grok requires? Try
setting 3.7.0 of that package in versions.cfg (or in a [versions]
section in your buildout.cfg) and see whether that fixes it. From the
changelog of that package, it also looks like it needs a newer version
of zope.schema than the one we perhaps use.

Anyway, please file an issue if that's so (or if you can't get it
working anyhow), we definitely need to have this work out of the box.