[Grok-dev] Exporting Apps

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Sat Jan 24 07:50:16 EST 2009

24 jan 2009 kl. 13.25 skrev Tim Cook:

> On Sat, 2009-01-24 at 10:27 +0100, Sebastian Ware wrote:
>> Yes. The snag being that one needs multiple Grok instances running
>> and
>> with many instances that till eventually cause swapping. So it would
>> probably benefit from running on a solid state disk.
>

> The other snag I thought about after writing that idea is that a ZODB
> doesn't allow multiple running Zope applications to read/write to it;
> does it?  My case requires that.

You should take a look at ZEO

   http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/guide/zeo.html

which is a plugin replacement for the ZODB.

> So, I guess if the apps grow that much or have to be separated there
> is
> always the option of a relational storage later on.

There are also other ways of storing the data, including using an RDB
through one of the supported ORMs. Just search this mailing list for
discussions on the subject.

mvh Sebastian