[Grok-dev] Over 2 months, and no new release?

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 10:55:46 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Alec Munro <alecmunro at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I've volunteered my services as an official Windows tester, but
>>> haven't received any response.
>>
>> It is unfortunate that you didn't get any response, because it is
>> obviously great to have a volunteer for this! Were you waiting for
>> specific instructions?
>>
> I was hoping to establish some kind of formal process for the testing
> my team would be doing. We can just use it and file bugs, if that's
> all that's needed.

No, there's no "Formal" process in that regard. If you can report
succes with the fixes that are currently applied on the trunk, than
that is what we'd like to hear :-)

>> Are you able to test the grok trunk to see if it these installation
>> problems are indeed resolved? If that's the case, I guess I could pull
>> a release - but I do not at this moment have too much time to do a lot
>> of coordination. Just pulling a release from whatever currently is the
>> trunk shouldn't take that long though.
>>
> I'm not sure what the best way to test the trunk would be. Since the
> issues that are concerning me at the moment relate to deployment, just
> syncing the code and running our app on it probably wouldn't cover
> those issues. But I'm also not sure what the best way to get trunk
> would be in general.

Well, this needs to be confirmed *before* I make a release. So, if
there's no way right now to test this, it needs to be established. The
release process cannot be a surogate for a test process.

--
Jan-Wijbrand Kolman