[Grok-dev] Over 2 months, and no new release?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Mar 31 14:58:52 EDT 2009

Hey,

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>>> It is unfortunate that you didn't get any response, because it is
>>> obviously great to have a volunteer for this! Were you waiting for
>>> specific instructions?
>>>
>> I was hoping to establish some kind of formal process for the testing
>> my team would be doing. We can just use it and file bugs, if that's
>> all that's needed.
>
> No, there's no "Formal" process in that regard. If you can report
> succes with the fixes that are currently applied on the trunk, than
> that is what we'd like to hear :-)

The complexity here is that it also involves grokproject and grokcore.setup.

I'm busy travelling, but I'd be happy the following people would work on
getting a 1.0a2 people out of the door:

Uli and Michael Haubenwallner who did the most fixes need to do the
following:

* explain what versions of grokproject and grokcore.setup the releasers
and testers need to worry about.

* explain how someone should do testing

Then Alec can do the testing.

Preferably this process results in documentation.

Then Jan-Wijbrand could push out a 1.0a2 release with those fixes in it.

We could also turn it the other way around and push out a 1.0a2 with the
WSGI/Windows improvements.

Most of all we need someone to coordinate this. I won't have time the
coming month, so I hope someone will step up and coordinate people and
make sure progress happens. A release could be out by next week as far
as I'm concerned. Who volunteers to coordinate the others? It involves
reminding people a lot and removing things that block the process.

I really really need help to do this, as I'm just one person and I'm
overcommitted with volunteering already. It just requires some quick
thinking on your feet to make sure there is progress. I can help sketch
out a plan as above if required, but really it isn't all that hard to do
this. You need to coordinate and delegate effectively and be bold enough
push people into volunteering work (as I did above).