[Grok-dev] grok trunk - buildout broken

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue May 19 10:53:32 EDT 2009

Hey,

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Why is grokcore.view depending on zope.container? As it shouldn't be
> doing that. It should be depending on zope.app.container if it needs
> something container-like.

I just verified that this happened in late january during our dependency
refactoring sprint. This should be reverted to zope.app.container and we
should release a new release of grokcore.view.

We should stick with a stable set of dependencies for Grok 1.0x, and
associated grokcore.* packages. That list is based on the Zope 3 KGS.

We really cannot just let new packages slip into our list without
serious consideration; a lot has changed and we already witnessed
breakages because of this. Of course we could just stick with pinning
zope.container, but it's really code that we actually shouldn't have to
worry about at all for the time being.

We should build a step into our release procedure to point out any
packages that aren't pinned down.