[Grok-dev] grok trunk - buildout broken

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue May 19 14:46:42 EDT 2009

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> We should stick with a stable set of dependencies for Grok 1.0x, and
> associated grokcore.* packages. That list is based on the Zope 3 KGS.

Agreed in principle.

> Of course we could just stick with pinning
> zope.container, but it's really code that we actually shouldn't have to
> worry about at all for the time being.

Note that it apparently is something related to the tests of
grokcore.view - hopefully this means reverting is a) not too difficult
and b) does not have too many repercussions for projects already using
1.0a3.

> We should build a step into our release procedure to point out any
> packages that aren't pinned down.

As been noted earlier in this thread, we can easily let the buildout
process report, by way of an extension, any packages that were not
specifically pinned down in the versions.cfg.

I propose using this buildout extension and set the "rule" that
everything that gets pulled in, should also be listed in the
versions.cfg, preferably based on the the KGS we choose for the grok
"line of developement" at that moment. Anything that falls outside of
the KGS needs to be discussed on the list. Would that work?

I'll try to revert grokcore.view and release it.

regards,
jw