[Grok-dev] Alternatives to Grok for Interface based dependency injection

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu May 21 14:34:46 EDT 2009

Hi Alec,

On May 21, 2009, at 7:38 PM, Alec Munro wrote:
> After wrestling with Grok's installation on and off for the past 6
> months, I have finally come to accept that it currently doesn't
> provide us a compelling enough reason to accept that pain(...)
snip
> Thanks for all your help throughout the years, and I still have high
> hopes that the promise inherent in the Component Architecture will
> find an accessible way to express itself, but at least on Windows,
> that seems to be a ways off.

It might sound a bit weird, but I'd like to thank you for your note.
You could've quietly unsubscribed from the list and and never have let
anyone know about the what and why and that would've been way worse.

Still, it is sad that it was mainly the installation story on Windows
that has put you off.

I wish you success in finding and deploying a good alternative, and
please let us know how you fare - I think I can safely say we're all
eager to learn from it.

kind regards,
jw