[Grok-dev] Creating a new Grok project from svn trunk (1.1dev)

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Tue Nov 17 01:54:17 EST 2009

Hi,

   I was trying grok from trunk.  Can anyone please confirm whether
these steps are fine ? I know a new alpha release is coming up,
looking forward to that release :)

1. Install Python 2.6

2. Checkout grok trunk version from svn

   svn co svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/grok/trunk grok_trunk

3. Checkout grokproject

   svn co svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/grokproject/trunk grokproject

4. Run bootstrap.py

   cd grokproject
   python2.6 bootstrap/bootstrap.py

5. Run buildout

   ./bin/buildout

6. Create a new project

   ./grokproject/bin/grokproject sampleproject

   (This step failed with a VersionConflict for setuptools)

7. Copy versions.cfg from grok_trunk to sampleproject

   cp grok_trunk/versions.cfg sampleproject

8. Update buildout.cfg and add grok checkout location to develop option

   [buildout]
   develop = .
             ../grok_trunk

9. Also comment eggbasket part.