[Grok-dev] libraries to use with Grok

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 15:39:07 EST 2009

A raw copy/paste from the mail i did to the mailing list, some time ago.
I need to add some to the list, but, it's there.
As for the megrok packages, I'll detail them when I have some time to
write a smal desc somewhere
note that the pypi pages SHOULD be clear enough with an intro and
everything to simply copy/paste it

Packages
========

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/dolmen.file
A Zope3/Grok File Representation package.
dolmen.file is a layer above zope.app.file.file.File, adding a notion
of filename, missing in the original implementation.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/dolmen.blob
Dolmen zodb blob handlers (using ZODB >= 3.9.2)
dolmen.blob is a layer above dolmen.file, using the ZODB blobs as a
storage facility. It respects the zope.app.file IFile and the
dolmen.file INamedFile interfaces.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/dolmen.storage
Dolmen pluggable and delegated storage
dolmen.storage defines a clear high-level API to deal with pluggable
storage components.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/dolmen.relations
Dolmen relations
dolmen.relations is a thin layer above zc.relation, allowing a simple
and straightforward implementation of standalone relationships between
objects.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/dolmen.thumbnailer
Dolmen thumbnailing library
dolmen.thumbnailer is package specialized in Thumbnail generation.
Using the dolmen.storage mechanisms, it allows a pluggable and
flexible thumbnail storage.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/dolmen.widget.file
File widget for z3c.form, using Grok
dolmen.widget.file is a package that walks hand-in-hand with
dolmen.file. It provides a useable and pluggable way to render the
dolmen.file.FileField in a z3c.form.Form, using Grok (through
megrok.z3cform.base)

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/dolmen.widget.image
Image widget (with thumbnails) for z3c.form, using Grok
dolmen.widget.image is a thin layer above dolmen.widget.file providing
a widget suitable to fields implementing IImageField. It adds, thanks
to dolmen.thumbnailer a preview of the uploaded image in both input
and display mode.

We have also released the first version of megrok.z3cform.base, used
in the project
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/megrok.z3cform.base/0.1"

ENJOY !!
PS : please, let me know if you have any opinions/remarks/wishes/insults