[Grok-dev] Offline installation (with no internet connection)

Mihail Lukin mihail.lukin at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 3 06:18:15 EDT 2009

Hi, grokkers!

I have Debian workstation (which is connected to Internet) and openSuSE
server (which is NOT). How can I install all of required eggs to the
server without downloading them to it? I use --eggs-dir option when
`grokproject`, but it still downloads bc.buildout when I create new
virtualenv and `grokproject` in it. When I try to install grokproject
from tarball, it fails because of PasteScript dependency, but when I
`easy_install` grokproject it doesn't seem to download or install it at
all.
I'm missing something obvious, so I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

--
Mihail Lukin <mihail.lukin at googlemail.com>