[Grok-dev] z3c.recipe.compattest passes options to zope.testing's testrunner

jonathan.ballet jonathan.ballet at securactive.net
Thu Sep 24 10:19:54 EDT 2009

Hi,

I made a patch for z3c.recipe.compattest which allows to specify
options which will be passed to zc.recipe.testrunner in order to
customize the runner behavior.

Our main use cases were:

* passing defaults options to zope.testing.testrunner.run(). I like to
have color by default, stop on first error and verbose tests by
default
* we needed to pass to some test values from the environment, using
the 'environment' option of z3c.recipe.testrunner

I made this feature "extensible", so that you don't have to update
this recipe each time the used runner has a new useful option (every
options prefixed by 'runner-' are passed to the test runner) and that
it isn't bound to a particular testrunner (I'm not sure this is a goal
of z3c.recipe.compattest, but it well).

Cheers,

 Jonathan