[Grok-dev] Talks for PyCon? Deadline soon!

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Sep 24 11:30:11 EDT 2009

Hi there,

Next week already (october 1) is the deadline for PyCon talk
submissions. Last year a *lot* of Zope related people were there, but
not much in the way of Zope-related talks. I think it would be good to
change this for the better next time.

So, if you're planning to go to PyCon next year, please submit a talk!

http://us.pycon.org/2010/about/

Possible talk topics I can think of:

* experiences with the ZTK, dependency refactoring, version management.
We're one of the biggest python projects to tackle issues like this, and
it'd be interesting to tell people about what we're up to.

* something about Grok, Martian, or related technologies

* the ZODB. There was a *lot* of talk about all kinds of non-relational
databases last year, but the ZODB was missing, even though it's been
around forever and is used far more than a lot of the newer solutions.

* an interesting library built with Zope technologies