[Grok-dev] Final touches for a 1.0 "proper"

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 17:01:34 EDT 2009

Hi,

The 1.0b2 has been out for a week or so. At the time of the release we
thought we could do the final very soon after the beta. I'd still like
to do that :-)

A few questions:

* So far there haven't been any showstoppers for a 1.0, right? If there
are, we should see if we can fix them.

* It is not really a show stopper, it would be nice if someone (Martijn,
Uli?) could have a look at what I skethced out here:

http://svn.zope.org/grokcore.startup/branches/jw-configurable-ireraise-adaptation/?rev=104430&view=rev

See also the earlier "using zope.testbrowser to test for Unauthorized
exceptions and updated zope.publisher with IReRaise exception support"
thread.

* Besides the regular release procedure, do we need to take extra steps?
Where do we want to have the release announcement published? What kind
of message do we want to present in the release announcement? Who wants
to help write one?

* We could aim for Wednesday 30/09 for the release.

* Anything I didn't think of?

regards,
jw