[Grok-dev] grok.templatedir path restriction

Vincent Fretin vincent.fretin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 09:52:31 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>> Would it be possible for you, or others, to experiment with changing the
>> template and templatedir directives so that they allow "real" paths on a
>> branch? To see how that would work out, what the semantics would be?
>
> Note that there's a branch of grokcore.view already that changes the way
> template registration works:
>
> http://svn.zope.org/grokcore.view/branches/shared_templates_userwarning
>
> The new stuff is in templatereg.py, and templatereg.txt tests it.
>
> If anyone were to do this work, it'd be good to base it off that.

Hi,

Like I said in a comment on this issue, the restriction was added by
Godefroid and me at the Neanderthal sprint II if I remember.
Before that, it worked perfectly without this restriction.
This was needed to simplify the implementation of the
shared_templates_userwarning branch, the first implementation.
But I'm not sure if it's needed with the reimplementation Martin and I
have done the second day. :)

Vincent