[Grok-dev] Website using the usual registration + activation via email workflow

Achim Domma domma at procoders.net
Fri Aug 13 10:02:15 EDT 2010

Hi,

I want to implement a website which allows users can register themselves. I think my requirements are the very simple default case:

- Some parts of the page are available only to logged in users.
- All user information is stored in the ZODB, so no LDAP or something like that.
- Registration expects an email address and sends a mail with an validation link to that address.
- Users get activated after the activation link has been clicked.

I have the Grok 1.0 book and I think I understand how to implement that workflow, but I thought I should first ask if there's already a library which implements at least parts of it. Any hint?

cheers,
Achim