[Grok-dev] Grok and chameleon

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Feb 5 14:22:04 EST 2010

Souheil CHELFOUH wrote:
> When i first started Dolmen, a year ago, I used Chameleon as a base
> template engine.
> Things are : the syntax is not 100% compatible with the current one.
> It means adapting templates that already exist.
> The speed gain is not that important, on well structured pages. So I
> dropped it. I thought people might be confused to have to learn other
> languages.
> But, if it's shipped as default, then, it might be interesting
> That were my .02

We need to do impact analysis to see what the cost would be of shipping
this by default.

Is there a page somewhere which spells out how templates can break due
to syntax changes?

How easy is to, say, debug chameleon templates compared to
zope.pagetemplate ones?

What would the possible interactions be with the use of
zope.pagetemplate within ZTK code?

Without knowing all that, I'm in favor of trying to go there with Grok
in the future.